Cheesy Puy Meatball Skillet
You will need:
For the meatballs:
- 500g Extra Lean Steak Mince
- x5 Tbsp Pre cooked puy lentil
- x 2 Garlic cloves crushed
For the sauce:
- x1 Tin of tomatoes (or fresh)
- X1 Red onion
- Generous handful of fresh basil
- x1 Tbsp of stevia (optional)
- x1 Tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- x2 Garlic cloves
- x1 ball of low fat mozzarella or a generous handful of grated low fat or protein cheese of your choice.
- Mix together mince, garlic and puy lentils and roll into balls.
- Pan fry until brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile blend tomatoes, garlic, red onion, basil, stevia and chilli flakes.
- Once the meatballs are partially cooked/browned add your sauce and allow to simmer for around 20 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Top with your chosen cheese and pop under the grill on a high heat until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Remove from the grill carefully its gonna be HOT !
- Throw some fresh basil on top and some ground black pepper to serve.