Cheeky Chorizo Chilli
You will need:
For the chilli:
- 750g of lean steak mince
- 100g of diced chorizo
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- x2 Tbsp tomato puree
- x1 red onion
- x1 Red pepper
- x2 Garlic cloves crushed
- x2 tbsp Cumin
- x1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- x1 tsp Nutmeg
- x1 tsp Chipotle chilli flakes
- x1 tsp Ancho chilli flakes
- x 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- x Red chilli
- 400g Canned red kidney beans, drained
For the Nacho's:
- x2 Wholemeal tortillas
- coconut oil spray
- x1tsp Cayenne pepper
- x1tsp Cumin
- Low fat sour cream
- In a non stick pan brown your mince over a medium heat .
- When the mince has browned add your diced chorizo and cook until its slightly crispy. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To a blender add your tomatoes , tomato puree, red onion , red pepper , garlic and red chilli, blend until smooth.
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Add your mince and chorizo and your tomato mixture to a casserole dish ideally with a lid.
- Add all spices and kidney beans to the casserole dish , mix through , place lid on and pop in the oven.
- Cook for at least 1-2 hours but ideally 3-4 hours at 180c stirring occasionally and top up with a little water if you feel its getting too thick. The longer and sower this dish cooks the better it tastes!
- For the nachos cut your wholemeal tortilla into wedges and spread out on a baking tray.
- Spray or rub the wedges with coconut oil, then evenly sprinkle the cumin and cayenne pepper over.
- Pop in the oven at 180 for around 6 minutes on each side or until they begin to colour.
- Serve with sliced avocado, low fat sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh chives .