Mexican Beef Cheesy Tacos
You will need:
For the beef:
- 250g Extra lean beef strips
- x 1tsp Cumin
- x1 Garlic clove crushed
- x1tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 Yellow pepper cut into strips
- 50g Beansprouts
- 1/2 Red onion finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander
For the cheesy taco
- x1 cup low fat cheese grated (try Eat lean cheese)
- Baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Home made guacamole (see recipe book)
- Low fat sour cream
- Handful of shredded iceberg lettuce
Preheat oven to 200c
Marinate your beef strips in all spices. Set aside.
Meanwhile fry your red and yellow pepper along with the red onion over a high heat in a frying pan.
When the peppers start to slightly brown add your beef, and gently fry until cooked though, add beansprouts just 2 minutes before serving.
Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper . Place your grated cheese onto the tray to form a circular shape and press flat.
Bake in the oven until crispy, around 3-4 minutes.
Remove from the oven and whilst the cheese is still flexible with the parchment paper still attached, bend the cheese over a round object to give it a taco shape, try using the side of a small bowl. Allow to cool, then peel it from the parchment paper.
Add shredded lettuce to the taco shell , your beef and serve with low fat sour cream , guacamole and some fresh chopped coriander.